The first McDonald's in MoCo opened Jan. 6, 1960. It was located on the 1300 block of Rockville Pike, near where the Best Buy is today (a newer version of McDonald's is still in the same location today).
At the time it was just a hamburger stand, as most McDonald's restaurants were– It wasn't until the mid-70s that McDonald's changed to a family style restaurant where customers can bring their families and eat at one of the 100+ seats inside the restaurant. Though it was the first in Montgomery County, it was fifth in the D.C. Metro area, and the 241st in America.
A burger, fries, and a drink would go for under .50 cents!
The Glenmont location was the second McDonald's to open in MoCo, opening a few years after the Rockville location. It is currently the only two-story McDonald's in Montgomery County.