The potential threats of Hurricane Florence sparked fear of cancelling earlier in the week, but it no longer looks like wind will be an issue later this week and into the weekend.Poolesville Celebrates 26th Annual Poolesville Day With Thousands of Visitors to the Agricultural Reserve****
Poolesville Day Includes Parade, Food Vendors, Fun Activities for Kids and 80s Tribute Band
Note: Members of the media who would like to attend and schedule on-site interviews are asked to make arrangements in advance with the media contact listed above.
WHEN: Saturday, September 15, 2018
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Rain or Shine
WHAT: Town of Poolesville, Maryland, is hosting its 26thannual Poolesville Day. This charming small town in Western Montgomery County is welcoming more than 12,000 visitors from District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. This year, 80’s tribute bandThe Reagan Yearshas been added to the festival lineup.
19701 Fisher Avenue
Poolesville, MD 20837
Poolesville Day Highlights:
- 8:00 a.m. – 5k race (walk/run) sponsored by Poolesville Area Chamber of Commerce
- 10:00 a.m. – Historic Poolesville Day Parade; Former Town Commissioner, Link Hoewing is the Grand Marshal; guest appearance by the Washington Nationals Mascots – George Washington and Screech
- Day-long activities:
- Local Entertainment; featuring Live on Stage: The Reagan Years, Soul Island Rebels, FUSE, Karousel, No Stop Light, Semi-Hollow, and Touch of Grey
- Classic Car Show
- National Drive Electric Week car show sponsored by Poolesville Green
- Falcon Lane featuring local school groups supporting the award-winning Poolesville schools, including the top U.S.-ranked Poolesville High School
- Various family-friendly activities, including moon bounce, carnival rides, pony rides, and face painting
- Over 150 artisans, exhibitors, service and food vendors
For more information about Poolesville Day, visit www.poolesvilleday.com.Go to the Town’s website for details on the celebrations at www.poolesvillemd.gov or call (301) 428-8927. Follow the Town for year-round news on Twitter at: @Poolesville_MD.