On Friday, October 25th, MCPS superintendent Jack Smith released his Recommended FY 2021 Capital Budget and the FY 2021-2026 Capital Improvements Program.
Below are a few highlights:
- Six previously approved and three new addition projects at Cresthaven, DuFief, Ronald McNair, Montgomery Knolls, Roscoe Nix, Pinecrest, Bethesda, William Tyler Page, and Westbrook elementary schools.
- Two new elementary schools in Gaithersburg and Clarksburg clusters.
- Four previously approved additions at Parkland, Pyle, Silver Spring International, and Takoma Park middle schools.
- New building for E. Brooke Lee Middle School (upped from previously approved addition).
- Two previously approved additions at Kennedy and Whitman high schools.
- Previously approved addition and facility upgrade at Northwood High School.
- Opening of new high school at Crown Farm site (Crown in Gaithersburg) and re-opening of Woodward High School by 2025.
- Construction of an early childhood center at Watkins Mill High School by 2022.
- Schools that include Damascus, Magruder, Poolesville and Wootton high schools have completion dates between 2024-2027.
For more information and further details, you can find the Superintendent’s Recommended FY 2021 Capital Budget and the FY 2021-2026 Capital Improvements Program here.